• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

show dimensions

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this field I would like to type in, let's say, 33 and what I would like to show as a result would be, 3' x 3'. Or, if I enter any two digit number the field results would be in feet x feet. Figuring this out is a bit perplexing because I'm talking about a whole numbers and how would I break the number apart, put an x (for by) in between, and show the results in the same field. And, notice the spacing of the results. I have this script and was playing around with it. I got it to put the ' marks in the results. I have to type in the number like this - 3.3. The result is 3'3'. It's close but no cigar. Is it possible to have the field return the results the way I want?

Here's the javascript I'm playing around with:

event.value=this.getField("Footings1").value.toFixed(2).replace(".","' ").replace(/.$/,"' ");

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Yes. You can do it using this custom validation script:

if (event.value.length==2) event.value = event.value.charAt(0) + "' x " + event.value.charAt(1) + "'";

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can do it using this custom validation script:

if (event.value.length==2) event.value = event.value.charAt(0) + "' x " + event.value.charAt(1) + "'";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks again. Very, very nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines