Size issues after combining files into a single PDF

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When combining files into one PDF The final output has 75% of the images at a smaller size. Each image is exactly the same size so I'm not sure why this is happening.

Here is what I've been doing.

Each image is 5.5 x 8.5" at 450DPI

I'm using an updated version of Adobe Acrobat DC. I'm selecting Create> Combine Files into a single PDF... Dragging and dropping the images (which are all the same size) into the drag area. Then I'm clicking the combine button. The program does it's thing and then spits out a PDF where 75% of the images are really small and the others are huge. I just assumed it should work. I have no idea why the sizes are coming out different in the PDF.

If anyone has an answer that would be awesome!

Thanks!

-Derek

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Size issues after combining files into a single PDF

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When combining files into one PDF The final output has 75% of the images at a smaller size. Each image is exactly the same size so I'm not sure why this is happening.

Here is what I've been doing.

Each image is 5.5 x 8.5" at 450DPI

I'm using an updated version of Adobe Acrobat DC. I'm selecting Create> Combine Files into a single PDF... Dragging and dropping the images (which are all the same size) into the drag area. Then I'm clicking the combine button. The program does it's thing and then spits out a PDF where 75% of the images are really small and the others are huge. I just assumed it should work. I have no idea why the sizes are coming out different in the PDF.

If anyone has an answer that would be awesome!

Thanks!

-Derek

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

If you are on Windows,try repairing it once and see if that helps.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By and large Acrobat does work the way you expect it to work, if the image formats are suitable (anything but GIF, because it doesn't store a resolution).

I suspect that there is something different about the images - that somewhere they aren't matching what you expect: 5.5 x 8.5 inches; 450 ppi; 2475 x 3825 pixels.

The first thing is to find which ones are coming in WRONG. To do that you need to look at the PDF page size. Each PDF has a page size in inches (not pixels). To find the size, hover in the bottom left corner of the document on each page. You will probably find that some pages are indeed 5.5 x 8.5 inches. Look into the OTHER PAGES. What is their size? For instance is it about 34 x 53 inches [this would mean the original was 72 ppi]? Now examine the original image for one of these pages again to see its properties.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what do you do to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2016 0
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've done the tests I said, you'll know which PDF files are the wrong size. Find the cause of that and make them again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with combining JPG files in the same PDF. I understood that, despite having the same size in pixels, the JPGs have different DPI values, that translate into different page sizes. How to force them to the same page size?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2017 0
May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix the dpi because the dpi and size in pixels gives an actual size in mm/inches. All PDF Pages are sized in mm/inches, pixels are not used on creation or after As a measure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2017 0