• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

snapshot tool shortcut on the toolbar in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble locating a how-to on putting the snapshot tool on my toolbar in Acrobat DC. I know how to access it via a menu, but I want the snapshot tool where I can see it, click on it and use it immediately. Can't find any instructions on how to do this, just how to get to it via the edit menu. Where are the customizing toolbar instructions? thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Customizing the toolbar is super wonky. This video should help. Document Geek: How to Customize Toolbars in Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi constances47613406,

Please refer to this KB article :- Adobe Acrobat Workspace basics

for customizing the tool bar.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article is great about how to add the tools in general, but nowhere in the tool selections (regarding adding to Quick Tool Bar) can you find the "Snapshot tool".  Does anyone know what category it might be under? Again, not the side bar of tools, not the menu items. Looking for it Within the "Customize Quick Tools" command. Sorry, I am not seeing it. And in all honesty, coming from CS6 the new Adobe stuff is mind glowingly frustrating. Maybe there is a blow out flow chart of where everything now resides? thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customizing the toolbar is super wonky. This video should help. Document Geek: How to Customize Toolbars in Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video link. Yes, very helpful. You highlight many of the shortcomings of the Toolbar vs Quick tools (where I still can't find snapshot). And thankfully, at least helped me find a way to add a shortcut to the Snapshot tool to the primary toolbar.

I am not on the community too often and do not see a "Correct Answer" button, but this video is well worth the watch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Reader 2022, "Take a Snapshot" is under Edit - More.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, in the main menu "Take a Snapshot" is under Edit - More. But there is a different structure for tools in the Customize Quick Tools list of "Choose a Tool to Add." Presumably all the same tools are there, but they're organized differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fully accessible. Essential links are refused with insufficient permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same place as in Acrobat XI: Edit>Take a Snapshot

You can also place it on the toolbar by right-clicking on the gray toolbar background. Then select Show Edit Tools>Take Snapshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no longer true for Acrobat Pro 2020 on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines