Sort bookmarks (or extract) by page count within bookmark

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

If this has already been solved, I apologize but was unable to locate (maybe my search terms weren't correct).

I have several very large PDF docs (11 thousand pages+) that are for a mailing.  However, the customer did not sort the recipients before export (and after further investigation, they cannot figure out HOW to do such).  The resulting file(s) have recipients with 3 pages, some with 4 and perhaps even some with 5 pages.  These files will need to be printed, and then folded and inserted into envelopes by hand if I am unable to come up with a more automated way of sorting the variable page groups.

I believe I have a way to place a bookmark at the "first page" of each recipient -- what I am looking for now is a way to either sort those bookmarks by their page counts (3, 4 or 5) or extract them by page count.  The former is preferred as the later would make a metric ton of files.

Any thoughts/ideas/help is appreciated!

Message was edited by: Chad Wentzel

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sort bookmarks (or extract) by page count within bookmark

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

If this has already been solved, I apologize but was unable to locate (maybe my search terms weren't correct).

I have several very large PDF docs (11 thousand pages+) that are for a mailing.  However, the customer did not sort the recipients before export (and after further investigation, they cannot figure out HOW to do such).  The resulting file(s) have recipients with 3 pages, some with 4 and perhaps even some with 5 pages.  These files will need to be printed, and then folded and inserted into envelopes by hand if I am unable to come up with a more automated way of sorting the variable page groups.

I believe I have a way to place a bookmark at the "first page" of each recipient -- what I am looking for now is a way to either sort those bookmarks by their page counts (3, 4 or 5) or extract them by page count.  The former is preferred as the later would make a metric ton of files.

Any thoughts/ideas/help is appreciated!

Message was edited by: Chad Wentzel

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 23, 2018 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be possible to automate the entire process using a script, but without seeing an actual file it's very difficult to say for sure.

I've developed very similar tools for many of my clients and would be happy to have a look at a sample file and let you know if I think it's doable or not, and if so for how much. You can send it to me directly to try6767 at gmail.com, if you're interested.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2018 0