Sort PDF pages according to its content...

Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this request from an accountant. She has a PDF with tens of pages, each page is a different invoice, she wants acrobat to shuffle pages and sort them according to invoice number sequence.

Is it possible to script such request? I couldn't find a way to do this with existing Acrobat tools.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sort PDF pages according to its content...

Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this request from an accountant. She has a PDF with tens of pages, each page is a different invoice, she wants acrobat to shuffle pages and sort them according to invoice number sequence.

Is it possible to script such request? I couldn't find a way to do this with existing Acrobat tools.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if the invoices all have the same structure (and of course are not scans, but contain actual text).

Otherwise each page will first have to be manually tagged with the invoice number (using a comment, for example), and then a script could be used to sort the pages based on the values of those tags.

I've developed many tools that do exactly this kind of sorting, so if you wish you can give her my contact details (try6767 at gmail.com).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all invoices are structured in the same manner since they were all generated by that same portal, and yes all text are live within the PDF.

I will share your details with her… thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0