• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting filled data

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable pdf that works as a to-do list.  I take items off and add to it daily.  Is there a way that when I remove a completed task, all the task below it move up?  If so how would I do that?  Any suggestions.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jonathank,

We are sorry for the delay in response to query.

I have a fillable pdf that works as a to-do list.  I take items off and add to it daily.  Is there a way that when I remove a completed task, all the task below it move up? 

Sorting already filled data automatically, this is something which isn't achievable by applying some form field settings. What you are looking for might be possible to do with some JavaScript. Our experts in JavaScript​ may would have some suggestion for it.

[Moving thread to JavaScript​ space]

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have to do is move each field contents to another field. Repeat in turn, moving upwards, then blank the last one. There is no magic, it's hard work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would enter all the data into an array, sort the array, then clear all the data from the fields and re-write it to them from the (sorted) array.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds a much better plan than mine. Amounts to the same thing, but the data lives in an array instead of a bunch of fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines