Spawning Pages to specific spot in PDF

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable PDF that triggers a hidden page template when the button "Add Benefit" is clicked.  However, it always places that spawned page at the end of the document and I need it to go after page 5 and continue to go in order if button clicked on the subsequent spawned pages that pull in.  I have searched for the Javascript syntax to do so but am not having any luck finding it for my specific situation.  

Current syntax is: 

var a = this.getTemplate ("Add Benefit");a.spawn();

I know it needs something about nPage or numPage but I can't figure if it needs the bRename or any of the bOverlay commands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already looked at this.  This is my first time ever with Javascript so I do not know how to extrapolate the options given into actual code.  Which is why I posted here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any experience with programming? There are a lot of details, and I think you'd find it worthwhile to spend some time learning the basics.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all explained in the documentation of that method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines