• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting Variables

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form with several variables created from splitting data from another numeric field.  The goal is to take even numbered places and multiply by 2 and odd numbers by 1.

So, a number 5578; position 1 is 5 with 1 being an odd number would multiply by 1 for a variable value equaling 5. Position 2 is also 5, 2 being even would multiply by 2 equaling 10, and so on. At the end of the say I want to take all the equated numbers and add them together as follows based on the example: 5+1+0+7+1+6; so the variables that result in a double digit would need to split into single characters like I am doing with the original field value. I don't have any issue doing this in straight js on a web page, but I am not sure how this is done in Acrobat everything I have tried throws an error.  Root question, how do I split a 2 digit variable into 2 separate variables?

The I have broken my field value out into vars such as digi1, digi2, digi3, and digi4.

In js on a webpage I can have the following:

var maths1 = digi1; //5

var maths2 = digi2 * 2; //10

var maths2p1 = Math.trunc((maths2 / 10) % 10); //1

var maths2p2 = maths2 % 10; //0

var maths3 = digi3; //7

var maths4 = digi4 * 2; //16

var maths4p1 = Math.trunc((maths4 / 10) % 10); //1

var maths4p2 = maths4 % 10; //6

then add them up using var sum1 = maths1 + maths2p1 + maths2p2 + maths3 + maths4p1 + maths4p2

and it works fine.

Part 2 of this is to take this number, (sum1) and divide it by a modulus 10, get the remainder, then subtract that remainder by the modulus.

My working web code is as follows:

var modulus = 10;

var z = Math.trunc(sum1 / modulus);

var remainder = sum1 % modulus;

z1 = modulus - remainder;

z1 becomes the final value of my field.  Can someone help me translate my web code into adobe?

Thank you in advance, I have worn out Google looking for this.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What errors does you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use the web code I get an invalid function Math.trunc. i have nothing to go on for splitting the variable any other war that i have found. I have not done anything as far as part 2 goes in Acrobat since part 1 is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function trunc is not available in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the purpose of my question, what would the alternative method for this be in Acrobat.  How can I accomplish the same thing without this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines