• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stamp question

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully created a couple of stamps using app.response. No problem. The two stamps I've created are fields in a table, seven rows and four columns, looks like a purchase order and it totals each row. OK that gives you a picture of what the stamp looks like. Now, my question is, I apply the stamp and the window opens asking to enter an item, then click OK. Then the next field asks to enter an amount and a price. Now, what I'd like to know is, is it possible to go back one or two fields. So, in essence changing one's mind and being able to enter a different item and/or amount and/or price before the stamp is set. I know once applied the info cannot be edited. One has to delete it and reapply a new stamp to make any changes. But, I'd like to just go back one or two windows prior to applying the stamp. If you know, let me know. I'm curious. Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll be better off using a Dialog object than a series of response windows if you need the option of changing the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably so but the thing is I don't know how to create the dialog object and I wouldn't use any tools sold online that much. Making them an expensive.  I have had more success with what I'm familiar with and I can understand. Plus, I have seen many forum member asking questions how to fix up their scripts because they're not working. So, I can I create the stamp like I posted in my original post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, yes. You'll need to use a loop to determine which window to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine a skilled programmer could change the script you are using to make it to that stuff, but it sounds very hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really??! I thought you were gonna say it couldn't be done. But, what do I know. I don't even know my javascript and a hole in the ground. I wouldn't know how to write a loop. You wouldn't have a little handy example it could try out and build on? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines