Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Take a photo and insert in the document

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm creating some forms for an inspection. But I need to create an image field that at the time of touching it redirects me to the camera of my tablet and take a photo and once the photo is taken it is inserted in the document.

Could someone help me creating that javascript or someone has already done it?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of tablet? i.e. On what OS are you expecting this to operate?

The possibilities for how this could be done change with different operating environments. But in general, this is the kind of thing that is either built-in to the viewer that is displaying the PDF, or a custom application has to be built for it. It cannot be done from the Acrobat Scripting Model.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be for Android, maybe Samsung tablets.

I thought that if it could be that in the option to insert image in properties-actions-run JavaScript, the script can be edited, the script clearly has to be adapted to the programming of the OS, so that it redirects it to the camera once it touches the field to insert the image and that once taken, it is loaded to the PDF.

My problem is that I do not know about programming and less focused on Android and Java. I was looking on the GitHub.com page and found that there are already people who have created Java programming lines to open the camera of an Android phone, and that's a big part of the job. The next thing would be to set these programming lines to a script.

Finally thank you very much for your response.

I hope that some Adobe official will take into account these deficiencies for the next update.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will work when using the buttonImportIcon method with Readdle's PDF Expert on iOS. I'm not aware of any other viewer/OS combination that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this such an excellent idea. Have all the icon import functions open the image options on the current device. Too bad it doesn't work that way for Acrobat.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find the answer for this? 

I want to do same, and also i was thinking the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF expert of readdle works witht he given buttonImportIcon() function

However with Readdles pdf expert app going subscription based another ios app that handles javascript functions is desirable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines