• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text automation

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I have designed a fillable survey for clients. At the top is a generic text that I would like to have customized. 

The generic text reads "Custom Residence" and is on every other page at the top. I was wondering if there was a simple way to manually change the first pages text to a respective clients names and have that update the same on all other pages?

Summary. I'd like to update text on one page, and have all other pages reflect that same change.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, that's possible, using copies of the same text field. However, where is the client's name coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be manually input on the first page. So if we have a client who is starting a project, I take the form, edit the text "Custom Residence" and change it to "ClientX Residence". Then ideally some automation would update all other pages in the form to reflect that change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So let's say that field is called "ClientName". You can then use this code as the custom calculation script of the Residence field:

var clientName = this.getField("ClientName").valueAsString;

if (clientName=="") event.value = "Custom Residence";

else event.value = clientName + " Residence";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines