• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Field: Add Color Fill and Border to Text Field

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I get my text fields to fill with color and/or a color border?
This is my first form, and it's fairly involved, with math formulas etc, ( which is so great! ) but I'm wrestling

with this last two little text fields that I would like to stand out from the rest of the form because they

are the Submit and Reset boxes.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

If you get a color picker when you try to set the border and background colors, be sure that the Transparent check box is unchecked. If that's not it, can you describe exactly how you're attempting to change the colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you have field highlighting active, so try turning it off to see if it makes a difference.

Acrobat > Preferences > Forms > Highlight color > Show border hover color for fields

This setting controls the background highlighting as well as what it indicates it does, so deselect it to turn off field highlighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply, George!

It sounded promising, since I had not noodled around in the Preferences section, but unfortunately when I turned

off Show Border Hover Color For Fields option, it still did not let me add a border or fill color to my Text Field.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get a color picker when you try to set the border and background colors, be sure that the Transparent check box is unchecked. If that's not it, can you describe exactly how you're attempting to change the colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BINGO! You win, George!

I had them set as Transparent.

Thanks so much!

Kristine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, but there is no transparent check box to uncheck. It was there on my last machine, but when I reinstalled the software on the new laptop that option is no longer there. Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this previous discussion: Making Fillable Text Box Transparent

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines