this.mailForm as PDF not FDF

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  a script execute upon form signature that attaches the saved form to a new email and fills in the subject and part of the body. On the previous version of Acrobat Pro DC this worked great. We just updated to 2019 and the same script now attaches the FDF rather that the PDF. What do I need to change in the script to make that happen on a user's machine?

For reference, the script is below:

this.mailForm(true,"deptmail@company.com","","","Form submission");

I know I can select the format to attach when using the 'Send Form' action, but this needs to be scripted so I can modify the subject and body of the email.

Thanks!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Use mailDoc instead of mailForm. It would have worked the same in previous

versions, by the way.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

this.mailForm as PDF not FDF

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  a script execute upon form signature that attaches the saved form to a new email and fills in the subject and part of the body. On the previous version of Acrobat Pro DC this worked great. We just updated to 2019 and the same script now attaches the FDF rather that the PDF. What do I need to change in the script to make that happen on a user's machine?

For reference, the script is below:

this.mailForm(true,"deptmail@company.com","","","Form submission");

I know I can select the format to attach when using the 'Send Form' action, but this needs to be scripted so I can modify the subject and body of the email.

Thanks!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

versions, by the way.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

versions, by the way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that it didn't previously, but stranger things have happened. At one time (on a different computer) I couldn't edit a form without Adobe crashing unless I had a specific form open that I'd previously created. I had backups everywhere of that form, just in case. I seriously couldn't create or edit with it open lol.

Thanks for the info!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2018 0