Time Sheet Help

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no prior experience in Adobe Script and need help solving an overtime issue. I have found how to add the bottom row easy enough. Now I need when the Reg Column totals to 40 I would like the time to roll over into the overtime column automatically. Not even sure if this is possible, but if it is, please help. The link below is our time sheet. 

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Time Sheet Help

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no prior experience in Adobe Script and need help solving an overtime issue. I have found how to add the bottom row easy enough. Now I need when the Reg Column totals to 40 I would like the time to roll over into the overtime column automatically. Not even sure if this is possible, but if it is, please help. The link below is our time sheet. 

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, it's possible. Are you referring to the Total fields at the bottom, though, or to the Reg/Over fields in each row?

Don't you want the Reg field to be the sum of the day fields in that row?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referring to the Reg/Over fields in each row. For example, Row 1 you worked 39 hours wed. Row 2 you worked 2 hours on a job Thursday. On row 2 I need it to put 1 hour in the Reg and move that extra hour to overtime. I updated the link to show what I'm talking about. Hope this makes sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so it's a rolling calculation from week to week? That's a much more complicated calculation, as it needs to take all the previous rows into account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct so basically when the reg total hits 40 from the rows added up, I need all the extra hours to roll over in the overtime column. No can do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
try67 LATEST
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to do it, but it's not simple. It will require a custom-made calculation script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0