Too much JS in a PDF Form?

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on this form for a few months now.  I've taken it from 81 KB to over 1 MB.  I'm afraid that if I put too much script into it, it'll freeze or crash on the user.  Is this possible?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Too much JS in a PDF Form?

Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on this form for a few months now.  I've taken it from 81 KB to over 1 MB.  I'm afraid that if I put too much script into it, it'll freeze or crash on the user.  Is this possible?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely it is keeping the incremental updates that you have been making. You can use the "Save as..." to remove the incremental updates or save a copy of the form, remove all the fields and JavaScripts from the copy and optimize the PDF. Then open the original form and replace the page with the optimized page.

Do not run the Optimization in Acrobat Professional on the form because sooner or later the form and fields will be rearranged in such a manner that the form no longer works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2017 1