• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to make a selection of fields read only using a button or checkbox. Can anyone help me?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to JS, learning as i go, and i'm stuck on this one. Hopefully someone could help?

This is the script I currently have:

var fieldsToLock = ["Text2", "Text1", "Text3", "Text4", "Text5", "ComboBox6", "MRcheck", "CustomerCheck", "Other2check", "SubCombo", "RadCombo", "ProcCombo", "ForCombo", "BackCombo", "BordCombo", "MounCombo", "Text39", "Text7", "Customchk", "exttypecombo", "extforecombo", "extbackcombo", "extlogocombo", "extchevcombo", "exttapercombo", "extmoutcombo", "extSSchk", "extDSchk", "extaddition", "Text32", "decRadCombo", "decProcCombo", "decBordCombo", "decText39", "Text41", "UpholsteryCombo", "Fencelength", "fencebetween", "Text47", "Text48", "Text6", "Text8", "CheckBox9", "CheckBox10", "sizefield", "sizefieldother", "sizefielddec", "Text10", "Text11", "Text12", "Text13", "Text14", "Text15", "flatSSchk", "flatDSchk", "heightdecfield", "heightotherfield", "heightfieldflat", "bannerheight", "Text41", "fenceheightfield", "ReflectivityCombo", "OverlayCombo", "Text1", "decForCombo", "decBackCombo", "decRadCombo", "decProcCombo", "banText39", "FlatCheck", "ExtCheck", "DecalCheck", "BannerCheck", "Other1check", "Text17", "Text91", "Text101", "Text111", "CheckBox11" ];

for (var i in fieldsToLock) this.getField(fieldsToLock).readonly = true;

There are a lot of fields to be made read only, but there are some not shown here, which i need to stay writable. It works for about 75% of the fields but not the others. I've checked all the names are correct. What else could be causing this? And is there any way around the problem?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's probably a typo in your code, such as an incorrect field name. To check, open the interactive JavaScript console by selecting Ctrl+J.

Note that if you use hierarchical field naming, you can control a group of field with a single statement. For example, if you had fields named "Group1.Text1", "Group1.Text2", "Group1.Fencelength", you can set them all to read-only like this:

getField("Group1").readonly = true;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines