Unable to access NET.HTTP in acrobat reader dc, but I am able to run it using Acrobat Reader DC Professional.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a anonymous trusted function and stored in a .js file in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Javascripts.  When I reference this file from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I am able to access the function based on a mouse up event.  On a different computer that only has Acrobat Reader DC, I copied the js file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Javascripts, but I get the following error:

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.

Net.HTTP.request:22:Field That account number is:Mouse Up

RoutingAndTransitInfo = app.trustedFunction(function(cURL, aDoc)
{
  if ((aDoc !== null) && (aDoc !== undefined)) {
  var params =
  {
     cVerb: "GET",
     cURL: cURL,
     oHandler:
     {
        response: function(msg, uri, e)
  {
    var string = util.stringFromStream(msg,"utf-8");
           if (aDoc.getField("Account") !== null) {
              var aPerson = JSON.parse(string)
       aDoc.getField("Account").value = aPerson.Name;
           }
}
     }
  };

app.beginPriv();
  Net.HTTP.request(params);
  app.endPriv();
  }
});

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to access NET.HTTP in acrobat reader dc, but I am able to run it using Acrobat Reader DC Professional.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a anonymous trusted function and stored in a .js file in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Javascripts.  When I reference this file from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I am able to access the function based on a mouse up event.  On a different computer that only has Acrobat Reader DC, I copied the js file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Javascripts, but I get the following error:

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.

Net.HTTP.request:22:Field That account number is:Mouse Up

RoutingAndTransitInfo = app.trustedFunction(function(cURL, aDoc)
{
  if ((aDoc !== null) && (aDoc !== undefined)) {
  var params =
  {
     cVerb: "GET",
     cURL: cURL,
     oHandler:
     {
        response: function(msg, uri, e)
  {
    var string = util.stringFromStream(msg,"utf-8");
           if (aDoc.getField("Account") !== null) {
              var aPerson = JSON.parse(string)
       aDoc.getField("Account").value = aPerson.Name;
           }
}
     }
  };

app.beginPriv();
  Net.HTTP.request(params);
  app.endPriv();
  }
});

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no product called "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Professional" - it's either the free Reader, or Acrobat Professional (or Standard). The free Reader does not support all JavaScript API functions. You can find out in the API documentation which ones are supported and which are not. The Net.HTTP function are only supported if you can add the "Forms" Reader rights. This cannot be done with just Adobe Acrobat, you need Adobe's LiveCycle server solutions for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our primary vendor uses pdf documents to pull data from their system to provide the user with fillable forms.  The pdf document is actually displayed within the client's local web browser and then any changes are posted back to our vendor's server.  I am trying to figure out how LiveCycle would fit in this scenario.  I am waiting for a response from our vendor as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle is s set of different products, it’s very important to use the full name. LiveCycle Reader Extensions is an Enterprise server product used to prepare firms in s one-off action. If it is for less than a few hundred seats consider Acrobat licenses for everyone, cheaper.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0