• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete form field - Acrobat IX

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro Extended and am having a problem where I cannot delete a form field (text box).

- The field is only showing in the fields list, but cannot be seen on the page itself.

- When I click on the Field in the Field list and try to delete it, nothing happens.

- I can't right click it either, and it does not even highlight a field on the page when selected.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this form have hidden templates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try marking the area around it with the Redaction tool and then apply the redaction. It should remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't mark the area around it because there is no indicator to where the field is. When I select the Field in my Field List, normally it jumps to the location and highlights the border. For this case that does not happen (the jump or the highlight) so I cannot even attempt to redact it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the form have hidden templates?

Can you provide a link to the form so others can examine the form?

Is the form field locked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67!

Fortunately I could see the unwanted field boxes if I hovered the mouse over them.  Unlike "normal" (working properly) fields, these ones had no blue fill but did have 4 visible dots (with hover).  I moved all such unwanted fields into the same area of my form > Redact > drew a rectangle over them (blindly) > Apply Redact.  This worked. 

Hope this helps. 

Deez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me - it left a black box wherever I drew a redacted box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Tools tab and then select Create Forms. The form fields already in the document should then show and you can select and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked perfectly for me...tried everything else but it finally worked with your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines