• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save the document to the mapped drive after some modifications

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 and Adobe Acrobat DC SDK. Our plugin opens a file from a mapped drive and makes modifications, saves the documents and closed it. After that we open the same document but from the different mapped drive and make some modification but we can't save the file back to the mapped drive. Plugin can save the file locally with the same name and then save the file to the network drive. I have the correct permissions to the folder.  What else can it be? The error message is this:

"The document could not be saved.  The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open.  Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

The file is not read-only, also I checked code and there are no acquired objects that are not released before Acrobat attempts to flush its in-memory state.

We have found a workaround - save to the local temp folder and copy it to mapped drive but it looks ugly.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a bug that has been fixed since 2015. Are you able to try this with the latest (2019) version of Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is reproduced on 2017 and 2019 too.

Also, I was trying to turn off protected mode and add mapped drive to the exceptions list in Acrobat preference.

(Launch Acrobat, Click on Edit menu > Preferences > Security (enhanced). Click on "Add Folder Path" and browse for the path. Once done close the Acrobat and try reproducing the behavior.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Annp,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please check the suggestions from this help page: "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open", error on saving PDF in Acrobat DC on ... and let us know if that helps you to sort this issue.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines