Use JS to create custom tool set

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to use JS to create a custom tool set?  I've got all my buttons working and loaded using the user javascripts folder configured for Acrobat DC but I would like to take this a step further and group all those buttons under one tool set.  I can easily create and group them in the interface and export the aaui file but was hoping for a single JS approach.

I didn't see anything specifically in the SDK that discussed this in terms of JS.

TIA

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Use JS to create custom tool set

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to use JS to create a custom tool set?  I've got all my buttons working and loaded using the user javascripts folder configured for Acrobat DC but I would like to take this a step further and group all those buttons under one tool set.  I can easily create and group them in the interface and export the aaui file but was hoping for a single JS approach.

I didn't see anything specifically in the SDK that discussed this in terms of JS.

TIA

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be not possible with Javascript.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that these buttons are created with "app.addToolButton".  Buttons created with this function in a folder level script are loaded at Acrobat startup and placed in the Add-Ons toolbar/toolpanel. However, buttons created with this function outside of a privileged context are placed on a floating toolbar, effectively grouping them into a single toolset. Create a folder level script that makes a single button or menu item that when pressed, will run non-trusted code for creating the tool button set. The lifetime of the floating toolbar is tied to the current document.

This can also be done with plug-in assist for creating either a custom menu item or toolbutton category. In the case of the toolbutton category you'd also need to add buttons with the plug-in. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2018 0