Using a annot file attachment to create a acrobat XI form button icon

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a way to link easily link attachments and be able to view them after they are added via button icon in a PDF form using buttons. I started w/  what believe is George_Johnson​ file import script which allows me to upload the images, if the user clicks the button however I have not been able to figure out how to use the selected attachment which will always be a image (most likely a jpeg) to also create (and set) the button's icon as the image. I tried to use annot.path to set event.target.buttonImportIcon however i always received a NotAllowedError.

The form is to be used by our internal inspectors to note issues during a project, so the idea is that they can keep adding additional entries to the form via spawn button that duplicates an issues page template, each issue page has a upload button and that button becomes a thumbnail of the the picture they upload for that issue entry  so it is clear which attached images belong to which entries since the final document may have 20+ issue pages.

All of the users will be using Acrobat XI Pro.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using a annot file attachment to create a acrobat XI form button icon

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a way to link easily link attachments and be able to view them after they are added via button icon in a PDF form using buttons. I started w/  what believe is George_Johnson​ file import script which allows me to upload the images, if the user clicks the button however I have not been able to figure out how to use the selected attachment which will always be a image (most likely a jpeg) to also create (and set) the button's icon as the image. I tried to use annot.path to set event.target.buttonImportIcon however i always received a NotAllowedError.

The form is to be used by our internal inspectors to note issues during a project, so the idea is that they can keep adding additional entries to the form via spawn button that duplicates an issues page template, each issue page has a upload button and that button becomes a thumbnail of the the picture they upload for that issue entry  so it is clear which attached images belong to which entries since the final document may have 20+ issue pages.

All of the users will be using Acrobat XI Pro.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 23, 2018 0

Have something to add?