Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Javascript to Calculate Form Fields

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I need to calculate the sales tax of a field in my PDF form. We need to be able to enter the amount of sales tax in 87 (see below) and then have it automatically calculate in 88 (undefined_9) based off of the amount in 82 (undefined_4). Does anyone have a formula or script that I should use? Thanks!

2018-01-03 11_00_49Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Those numbers are not field names but the tab order.... You need to use the actual field names.

The calculation itself it very simple. Simply multiply the Sales Tax field by the Total to get the amount of tax that has to be paid for it.

You can use the built-in Product option under the Calculate tab to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those numbers are not field names but the tab order.... You need to use the actual field names.

The calculation itself it very simple. Simply multiply the Sales Tax field by the Total to get the amount of tax that has to be paid for it.

You can use the built-in Product option under the Calculate tab to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines