• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Values Not Immediately Updating When Function is Called From Custom Validation Script

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an extensive script, DoSummary(), which when called from a Mouse Down event works fine - all fields are updated as expected. However, when the function is called from the custom validation script from any of my form's text fields and drop-downs, the fields to be updated by DoSummary() are not changed - instead, they change AFTER another change is made to one of the fields. I have checked and enabled all of the 'Commit Selected Value Immediately' for the drop-downs, but no help. Basically, the Summary Page of this document is constructed by DoSummary() using a loop (for six identical records). All non-empty or non-blank fields are counted, with some being summed and averaged. Again, if DoSummary() is called from a mouse up event of a button, all is fine. But, when calling the same function from the validate's custom script, the behavior delayed.

I hope this is explicit and detailed enough. If there is other information needed, please post.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you share the file with us, or at least the full code of this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines