Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

views missing when importing annotation with IAC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I want to import the annotation from a fdf file which includes 3d annotes.  (the model is in PRC format)

I am using a c# program to call the function retrieveAnnotsFromFile(doc). The texts are imported successfully, but the views are missing.

But when I call the same function with JS within acrobat through button event, the function works fine, all texts and views are imported successfully.

I was wondering if I need to do something extra for importing the annotes views with IAC.

thanks and regards,

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using JavaScript via IAC instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Test Screen Name

To be more specific, I use IAC to call an folder level JS, which include retrieveAnnotsFromFile(doc) function.

I create a button within the pdf to call the same JS on its click event, and the view is imported correctly.

I am using acrobat XI.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any messages in the JavaScript console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no message in console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, expert

Some new findings, I tried to add a normal remark, (not 3D annotation). Seems the view can be loaded correctly. But only the views and remarks for 3d annotation are missing. anything special for 3d annotation?

regards,

Mingdi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, many things are special about 3D annotations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything that I need set or rebuild after importing the 3d annotation? My confusion is that the function runs well when triggered by event in the AcroExch.App window, but does not when called with IAC. So, I was wondering is that because some authority is not set for running such a funcion through IAC? Or maybe it is caused by the restriction of AcroExch.App object?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could also be a bug…

Are you working with the latest version of Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using acrobat XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah – no idea then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines