• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarking same PDF for multiple unique recpients

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was told to post here for help.  something about Java script that i know nothing about.  i have a 300 page pdf file that needs to be watermarked individually for over 100 recipients.  how do i do that without having to go into the PDF each time and change the name?  thanks. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this watermark just the persons name? Where does it need to appear on the page? Is it on all pages?

You can write a simple script to do this from the Console window.

You'll find a tutorial here on the Console, infact you should watch several of these videos to get a grounding in Acrobat scripting:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free_Videos.cfm#JSIntro

Here's the reference entry for the watermark function:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/#t=Acro12_MasterBook%2FJS_API_Acro...

try it by running it in the Console window:

this.addWatermarkFromText({cText:"My Name"});

Writing the full script is a bit of work.  Contact me through www.windjack.com if you are interested in hiring a developer. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.  it's the person's name.  over 100 of them.  thyes...the watermark needs to be on each page of the file.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the watermarking code in the console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no clue what that means.  so no. what is the watermarking "code"  

sorry.  i'm decent with computer stuff.  but that's a bit too above my pay grade.  

but i'm a quick study.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then go back and look at my first post,

However, I think you are better off purchasing the batch watermarking tool. It takes a concerted effort to learn enough about coding pull this one off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This requires using a script, yes. I've developed a (paid-for) tool that does exactly that, if you're interested.

You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/09/acrobat-batch-watermark-file.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like it's just what i want.  unfortunately, with everythign that's going on.  i can't spend that kind of money at the moment.  but thanks.  i'll definitely check it out when we are back in full swing. 

thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines