• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarks from excel list

Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have to add watermarks to 1200 documents. The watermarks contain a part of the file name, but in many cases 3 - 4 documents need the same watermark (e.g. a-123-1, a-123-2, etc. all need xyz-123 as a watermark). Is there any way to make that happen from an excel table (one column with file names, one with corresponding watermarks)?

Thanks a lot

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Sure, that can be done using a combination of a custom-made script and possibly an Action.

You would need to first read in the input file (it will have to be saved as plain-text file, though), and then run an Action on the PDFs, looking up each one in the parsed data and applying the desired watermark to it.

I've developed a tool that does something similar, only with a single PDF file (see: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Batch Watermark A PDF File ), so it shouldn't be too difficult to adj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, that can be done using a combination of a custom-made script and possibly an Action.

You would need to first read in the input file (it will have to be saved as plain-text file, though), and then run an Action on the PDFs, looking up each one in the parsed data and applying the desired watermark to it.

I've developed a tool that does something similar, only with a single PDF file (see: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Batch Watermark A PDF File ), so it shouldn't be too difficult to adjust it to process multiple files in this manner.

Feel free to contact me privately if you wish to discuss it further (try6767 at gmail.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines