Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Application and PDF Word Counts

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am updating a .NET MVC C# Web application for a client.
The requirement is to allow customers to upload a PDF which we will securely store on AWS and then get the word count and character count for that PDF for later processing (language would be a nice addition).

I have looked at Acrobat XI SDK but I am unable to run any of the examples because I only have Adobe Reader installed.

So my questions are:

For this small requirement should my client be looking to purchase an Acrobat license or would a Datalogics product be better?
Which Acrobat product would be best?
Would an Acrobat license cover the development, UAT, and production environments?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Licensing forbids use as or on a server.  For a server, you need to get a comercial license for one of the many PDF libraries. The official Acrobat PDF Library is sold by Datalogics.  

Just do a google search to find many more, iText is the best 3rd party library, then PDFBox, there's also PDFLib, QuickPDF, etc. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, you can't do this with Acrobat, or Reader. If you're interested I could develop for you a stand-alone tool that does it, using Java. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines