• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened with the update?? Some javascript affected

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain the best I can. I use the Acrobat Reader DC on a PC system at work. When I went to open my PDF forms (I created) I got this window saying something like this "processing 5 pages...please wait". I didn't think anything of the window thinking it was just updating the Reader. But, I soon found out my document and embedded javascripts were altered. Meaning, some of the fields wouldn't let me enter text, or some of the drop downs wouldn't allow me to enter items and item prices. Also, every drop down would drop down, then close, then drop down when clicked and the drop down list is twice as long, the drop downs list shows approx 20 to 30 items. In the past, I mean like just yesterday, everything worked fine. I don't like what happened to the Reader and it interferes with my day at work. Does this sounds familiar. Has anyone encountered this or can someone tell me how to fix this problem so I can get my documents back to normal?

Can someone shed some light on if Adobe does updates (to a PC) without the users consent? Cause I didn't consent to whatever happened.

Should I trash the Reader and try to install it again? I don't know what to do. I'm on a Mac and I just got in, booted up my computer and tried my same document and everything seems to work as it did yesterday and in the past without any problems, but I have to have this issue figured out by work time on Monday.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You created the forms so I assume you used Acrobat Pro on another system and made a form there. Try bringing in a new copy of the original form and see if it is affected. Also check the app showing the problem is Acrobat Reader and if it is please tell us the exact version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way Acrobat Reader DC does update silently without a reminder. You consented to this when you accepted the license which includes:

7.2 Updating. If your Computer is connected to the Internet, the Software may, without additional notice, check for Updates that are available for automatic download and installation to your Computer and let Adobe know the Software is successfully installed. The Software may automatically download and install updates from time to time from Adobe. These updates may take the form of bug fixes, new features, or new versions. You agree to receive such updates from Adobe as part of your use of the Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry one more answer. No this does not sound familiar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines