• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the JavaScript for turning off the "Highlight Colour" on a text box once you have filled it in - Adobe Form?

New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am wondering what the JavaScript for turning off the "Highlight Colour" on a text box once you have filled it in - Adobe Form - is ?

I would like to add it as a "Mouse Exit" - action.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll first need to disable the normal runtime highlight in a document level script using...

app.runtimeHighlight = false;

Then in the format script of each field, add the following...

var field = event.target;

if (field.value == field.defaultValue) {

field.fillColor = color.cyan; // for example

}

else {

field.fillColor = color.transparent;

}

The format script runs last so that's the place to put the code. In this case, you're formatting the appearance of the field rather than formatting the value though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Thanks a lot for your help. This solved the problem. However, I did read somewhere that if you add the normal app runtime highlight to the document, it affects all of your other documents, as well as all the documents for the person who receives the form. Is there a way to not have this happen, or undo the script after if needed? I tried deleting the script to see if it would undo it, but it didn't. It still keeps the transparent highlight.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. Turning off the highlight via scripting does (though at one time it didn't, and really shouldn't) change the user preference.

You can set the property back to true in the document WillClose action. That should allow other documents to act normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind ellaborating on what you mean by "set the property back to true" in the Document Will Close action. I understand I have to do it through this path: Tools > JavaScript > Document Actions > Document Will Close > Edit

but then I am not sure what to do to set it to "true".

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the same as above but in reverse.

app.runtimeHighlight = true;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines