• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When sending an email via JavaScript, can I CC the sender of the email automatically? The CC will change depending on who submits the PDF form also.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, I need to know if it's possible to CC the sender of an email once a Submit button is clicked. I know how to grab the email from a box, and how to hardcode an email to send a message to. Now I'm trying to get the user that is sending the email, to be CC'ed automatically. Of course, this CC will change depending on who submits the email. Currently, i have it all going through JavaScript. Is this possible?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

You can only do it if the email address of the sender is specified somewhere in the file itself, or if they enter it into an alert window, or something like that. You can't set it up to happen automatically if it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only do it if the email address of the sender is specified somewhere in the file itself, or if they enter it into an alert window, or something like that. You can't set it up to happen automatically if it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. So, we can't take what's in the From field or anything like that that would be inserted into the email? I guess not though, because once the form is submitted then it's not in Adobe anymore. It was worth a try. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. You can try and set up an auto-reply on your email server, though, that sends the message that was received back to the sender, but that has nothing to do with the PDF or Acrobat, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, Acobat does not know what the "From:" address is, only your email application nows. The information only flows one way: From Acrobat to the email client. You can set the To, CC, Subject and body of the email, but if the user then modifies any of that in the email application,  Acrobat also would not know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. These are the answers I was checking for ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines