• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't this javascript delete comments on forms in the iOS Adobe Reader App

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all

I have created a form using Acrobat and it works well on the iPad which is the target device for using the form. As part of using the form I want users to be able to select "add comment" and sign the form using their finger and then submit it.

I then want to be able to use a javascript to "clear" the form and delete all comments

I am using this javascript which works perfectly on the desktop but doesnt work on an iPad. Any ideas why? Thanks in advance

syncAnnotScan();var annots = getAnnots();var i; for (i = (annots.length - 1); i > -1; i -= 1) {annots[i].destroy();}

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat JavaScript on iOS is extremely limited compared to the desktop version. See the link to the documentation below. Your script simply is not going to run on iOS.

JavaScript for Acrobat Reader Mobile API Reference (iOS) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joel. Do you know of anyway that I can use a script to delete comments that will work in iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the app PDF Expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines