• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow / Signatures / Approve

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been out of the Acro JavaScript loop for a while, but my new role is bringing back to this. Any guidance is appreciated.

I have a form that can have up to five different signatures. (completed by, reviewed by, manager one, manager two, senior manager). The form must have completed by/reviewed by signed. However, either of those could be a manager as well. If neither are, then a manager must sign.

All that's well and good, but when the form is signed, it needs to move down the workflow until its final submission (likely in SharePoint).

Each signature along the way will must be allowed to add to other fields on the form.

My though pattern is to email the form as FDF. Problem is that doc.mailForm() doesn't retain the signature.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Essentially, my final flow should be something that accomplishes this:

1. Completed by completes form and signs. Then sends for review.
  2. Reviewed by reviews the document, comments on previous comments (held in text fields), and signs.
  3. Manager 1: Same or if Manager 1 is one of these two, then ignore and move down the line.
  4. Manager 2: Same or if Manager 2 is one of these two. Then, submit form.

The data will then be compiled into an Excel file for reporting. About sixty branches will submit this monthly.

It's been a few years since I've been coding these, and, as I said, I'm just trying to get my feet wet again (in the deep end, of course).

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you could do this through JavaScript, I highly recommend you look at Adobe Sign. It does automatically what you'd need to code yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to, but unfortunately, I kinda have to do this behind the scenes, without IT support, so implementing something I can't just do myself is not a great option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Sign is hosted. You don't need IT support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines