Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with JS and checkboxes

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working with a form that has several check boxes for a mutually exclusive checkboxes for a row series. Based on the check box selected, a corresponding text box will be populated with the applicable data (done using javascript). Also, when a certain option is checked, there are other options down below in the order guide that need to be checked simultaneously. I have accomplished this, but now I cannot figure out how to have check boxes populate simultaneously, but then if I check a different box in one of the previously automated series, that it will uncheck the other check box in the series automatically. I have searched and searched for an answer, but cannot find the solution. Please help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a snip of what the form looks like...

For instance, when MTec6 is selected, Top Center Hole needs to automatically check "Yes". It currently does this, but then if I want to change Top Center Hole to "No", it will unselect MTec6 above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when you use the same name and export value for the check boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a suggestion as to what I should do differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assign different names and use JavaScript code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not used JavaScript before this project. Do you know of a code that I could use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines