• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Embed API - Search across multiple words / lines not working properly for many PDFs

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am expericing the same issues with the Adobe Embed API Search API as reported here -> https://community.adobe.com/t5/document-services-apis-discussions/can-t-search-phrase-in-adobe-embed...

To ensure this issue doesn't relate to my implemtation of the search API, I used the sample Adobe Embed API for Angular from Github ( https://github.com/adobe/pdf-embed-api-samples/tree/master/More%20Samples/Angular%20Samples ) and simply opened the document and used the basic search built into the viewer.

What I have found is that a number of PDFs we try and search against will return no matches when multiple words are used.   If the text to match is in the middle of a line, you WILL get a match if you remove the spaces between words).  If the multiple words to match goes over onto a second you will only get a match by using the space. 

For example, in this sample the text in the PDF 'our mission' is only matched if the search term is 'ourmission'.

Brian26152863ljie_0-1667846754179.png

Brian26152863ljie_1-1667846833572.png

And when searching across text that wraps across multiple lines, the space is required:

Brian26152863ljie_2-1667846917154.png

This is affect a number of PDF I am testing with, though not all.  Here is a second PDF where the search term will only match if spaces are removed.

Brian26152863ljie_3-1667847012707.png

And here is a sample of a PDF where the search works as expected:

Brian26152863ljie_4-1667847074241.png

I have included copies of the PDFs that are failing as well as one that is working.

The same files can be opened and search using other PDF viewers, like pdf.js, with no issues.

Thank you in advance for any help and comments.

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?