• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After setting embed mode as IN_LINE, zoom options are missing

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After setting embed mode as IN_LINE, zoom options are missing from the Page control.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when we use embed mode for the pdf viewer the zoom controls are missing. We've not been able to determine a solution. A pdf viewer without zoom is like a car without wheels. 🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom is not enabled in this embed mode. If you want to allow for zoom, you can try one of the other embed styles. Check the online playground if you need some examples: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/index.html#/view/FULL_WINDOW/Bodea%20Brochure.pdf

Zoom is allowed in the full_window and light_box modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond, can you help me to understand why? How does Adobe consider the viewer even useful without having the ability to zoom? This is a major issue for our implementation (likely any implementation for that matter). Can you share more on why this is the case? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can't speak for the design decisions per se, but given that there's multiple embed modes, some make more sense for different kinds of content - our docs even mention this. I'd simply use one of the two other embed modes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond, this is precisely what I need you or someone at Adobe to speak to. We are not able to use the other modes and really need the embed mode for our web app. We have built / developed this into our solution already only to determine the zoom controls are missing. Why are these not included in embed mode from a design perspective? From a solution perspective, is there another way to add zoom controls to our surrounding pages to control the zoom of the pdf? Is there another way to zoom in this mode like keyboard shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but I'm not sure how else I can help here. It's not supported in those that mode. The Zoom APIs will not worek with that mode either. The user *can* zoom at the browser level and the embed grows. You can also increase the size of the embed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources