• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AWS Billing - Adobe PDF Services API (International) Usage

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently integrated the PDF Services API with my website by subscribing to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-g2ikxe6zxsi64 and directly integrating the REST API. Prior to using the API through the AWS marketplace, I tried the free trial period of 1000 "units" to use in two weeks, offered by Adobe and was unable to consume all of the units.
Instead, I'm now off the free plan and using the AWS marketplace extension mentioned. It works perfectly, but in the billing, it says I consumed 57,000 units ($2.85) which I don't understand where it came from. I haven't used the API much. Is the polling GET rest API billed as a single unit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I adds two screenshots showing:

1) the low usage on the Adobe console

2) the  high billing on the AWS console

default1krmb2fs2q22_1-1627710076918.png

default1krmb2fs2q22_2-1627710083692.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is not an expert answer) Your Adobe chart shows 33 calls. The Amazon chart shows 57 units. But a unit is 50 pages per API call (or 5 pages for extract). Your minimum possible charge could be 33 units. So one simple explanation would be that some of the files were more than 50 pages, or if you extract, more than 5 pages.  (Are you reading 57.000 as 57 thousand? Pricing is 5 cents per unit, so 57 thousand units would cost almost 3000 dollars).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

thank you, you are perfectly right! I was reading 57k instead of 57. Cannot believe I have been so dumb 😅. I would bet that I have never had to deal with documents of more than 50 / 5 pages but maybe it has been the case.

Thank you again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources