• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot concatenate string error thrown whenever I try and extract tables

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the pdf extraction function provided here on my own PDF files: https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/pdf-extract-api/howtos/extract-api/

Whenever I try and extract tables, the program throws this error:

INFO:adobe.pdfservices.operation.pdfops.extract_pdf_operation:All validations successfully done. Beginning ExtractPDF operation execution
ERROR:adobe.pdfservices.operation.internal.api.cpf_api:Failed in parsing Extract Result
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\camer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\adobe\pdfservices\operation\internal\service\extract_pdf_api.py", line 52, in download_and_save
    extract_data_parser.parse()
  File "C:\Users\camer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\adobe\pdfservices\operation\internal\service\extract_data_parser.py", line 180, in parse
    self.ed_zipper.add_rendition_data(rendition_output)
  File "C:\Users\camer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\adobe\pdfservices\operation\internal\service\extract_data_zipper.py", line 28, in add_rendition_data
    file_name = rdata.file_name + rdata.rendition_extension
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str
ERROR:root:Exception encountered while executing operation
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\camer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\adobe\pdfservices\operation\internal\service\extract_pdf_api.py", line 52, in download_and_save
    extract_data_parser.parse()
  File "C:\Users\camer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\adobe\pdfservices\operation\internal\service\extract_data_parser.py", line 180, in parse
    self.ed_zipper.add_rendition_data(rendition_output)
  File "C:\Users\camer\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\adobe\pdfservices\operation\internal\service\extract_data_zipper.py", line 28, in add_rendition_data
    file_name = rdata.file_name + rdata.rendition_extension
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str

Extracting just text appears to work fine, but as soon as I try and throw tables into the mix it breaks it. This is an issue as I am pretty much only using this API for its table extraction. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

I found a solution! Turns out you need to specify the TableStructureType by adding .with_table_structure_format(TableStructureType.###) to your ExtractPDFOptions

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution! Turns out you need to specify the TableStructureType by adding .with_table_structure_format(TableStructureType.###) to your ExtractPDFOptions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources