Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Check out the new Adobe Document Generation API

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

vanderben_0-1618204389153.png

I wanted to share that Adobe PDF Tools now has a new very powerful API: Document Generation API. I write about it in detail here but I wanted to give you a few highlights:

Create your templates in Word

You can easily create your templates in Microsoft Word. The new Adobe Document Generation Tagger allows you to take your data sources and easily tag documents that you use with the API.

Data is in JSON format

If you are already have an app and your data in JSON, then it is really easy to integrate the data. Just pass the data into the API along with your Word template. What's more, you can also use complex data sets which include arrays, objects, as well as images!

Conditional sections

You can configure conditional sections to allow you have only sections be visible if the data has a certain value. For example, if the state=Washington, then add the Washington State paragraphs to the output. 

You can generate both PDF and DOCX documents

That's right, you can create both PDFs and DOCX documents. This means that for documents that require a bit more editing, you can generate it as a PDF.

Worried about licensing? Don't worry about it. It is part of Adobe PDF Tools, so you can use the same credentials that you are using today.

Lot's of great stuff and would love to hear from all of you your thoughts on how you are using it! To get started, here are a few links to help you:

TOPICS
Document Generation API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ben Vanderberg, I love the look of the Document Generation API, I can see few uses for it within my company. Do you have any step-by-step examples using the Rest API as apposed to the SDK?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources