• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Generation API Not handling carriage return/new line in conditional expressions

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm having trouble with a section of my document where I would like to include multiple paragraphs. It seems the conditional  {% conditional-section expr(Binding = "Yes") %} will just get ignored and show up in the final document if there is a "return" anywhere before the {% end-section %} 

Is that expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this myself - can you make a small reproduceable case in Word and share it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reproducing it in a simpler document, but now I'm getting a error from the ServicesAPI. I backed everything out (literally just changed the template back) and the API error persists.  I can't find a service health page to check if its some wider issue. but here is what I'm getting from the SDK/API call.

2022-05-16T22:27:56.253Z 5e208f3d-ed3a-4ce4-a96d-10ee943a1a24 INFO Exception encountered while executing operation ServiceApiError: Internal server error; transactionId=Ff0hpWLWgu23xEzTbLnQ8hj5m4jTqIzn
at /var/task/node_modules/@adobe/pdfservices-node-sdk/src/internal/api/cpf-api.js:197:20
at IncomingForm.<anonymous> (/var/task/node_modules/formidable/lib/incoming_form.js:107:9)
at IncomingForm.emit (events.js:400:28)
at IncomingForm.emit (domain.js:475:12)
at IncomingForm._maybeEnd (/var/task/node_modules/formidable/lib/incoming_form.js:557:8)
at JSONParser.parser.onEnd (/var/task/node_modules/formidable/lib/incoming_form.js:532:10)
at JSONParser.end (/var/task/node_modules/formidable/lib/json_parser.js:29:8)
at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/var/task/node_modules/formidable/lib/incoming_form.js:132:30)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:412:35)
at IncomingMessage.emit (domain.js:475:12) {
requestTrackingId: 'vwzDSI5OcF5eDy02TLjWXQvEahTVD3zX',
statusCode: 500,
errorCode: 'INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR'
}

I realize this might be off topic, but I was just working through examples of what worked and didn't to post here and on the second example, everything broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - sorry for the noise here. I redeployed the lambda function from a backup and it started working again. Not sure what I did to trigger the failure. I'm going to try and use postman to send you some exmaples without complicating things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - I figured it out and it's worth documenting some behaviour here. In trying to cut the doc down and use postman to produce a smaller test I noticed inconsistent behaviour which led me to discover this... For what ever reason my document had a blank line with a different font ("Corbel" if it matters) assigned before the carrage return. I selected everything in the doc and set the font to the same one and it worked. I went back to my master doc and did the same and it worked. My master template is very long so it's possible some sort of issue crept in a long time ago. Interestingly, the final document size dropped by over 100Kb so perhaps there was some sort of corruption there. Anyway for anyone having similar issues, I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources