Exit

DOCX Cannot be converted to PDF

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE: I had made a prior post here: 
Re: Document Generator API Timeout - Adobe Support Community - 14099256
addressing this issue but there have been some developments so rather than reply to the same thread with each development I thought I would create a new post. 

The Problem 

The issue I am facing is related to both 'Document Generation' and 'Create PDF' services.

Essentially, I am trying to use Document Generator with a large .docx file and some JSON to create dynamic content in PDF format (its intended function)

The issue I am encountering, is a status of 504, shown here when attempted through the Postman Collection:

Charles32164375gyk1_0-1695306504806.png

I have had success using Document Generator on smaller files so it doesnt appear this issue is universal but the templates I am dealing with will all be fairly large in size so I need to ensure the Document Generator can handle these types of documents. 

What have I tried

I attempted to bypass the issue by allowing Document Generator to output another .docx file and then simply convert it to PDF using Create PDF. I did this by specifying outputFormat in the JSON like so:

Charles32164375gyk1_1-1695306975354.png

Document Generator was able to output a docx file that reflected my specifications, however when I went to take this output and run it through Create PDF I was met with the same 504 error

Additonal Info

The template I am having issues with had previously been run through a similar tool to Document Generation called Seismic. I thought maybe the leftover Seismic tags were causing an issue but even after completly removing them from the template the issue persists.

Conclusion

There appears to be a problem converting large .docx files to PDF using either Document Generation or Create PDF services. Please advise and thank you. 

TOPICS
Bug , Document Generation API , PDF Services API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?