Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed API Legacy view will deprecate - transition to new modern PDF Viewer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

I received an email that the old Embed PDF API will be decprecated, which is what I am running currently. Adobe is warning that I need to transtition to the new modern PDF viewer. I don't know where to start. Does anyone know how to update? 

Thanks,

Roland

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Read this first https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/pdf-embed-api/modernviewer/

Then just change the filename that you load the script from to viewer.js instead of main.js

<script src="https://documentservices.adobe.com/view-sdk/viewer.js"></script> 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this first https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/pdf-embed-api/modernviewer/

Then just change the filename that you load the script from to viewer.js instead of main.js

<script src="https://documentservices.adobe.com/view-sdk/viewer.js"></script> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel, Thank you so so much. This worked!

Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your guidance. I am confused where should I change the filename. I barely know when the script is loaded from. Is it from the adobe account console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Namgyell, you need to change your own HTML on your own web site. We can't tell you how to do that, it depends on the site, and the software you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joshua27545405sino_0-1670890967517.png

It worked but now it has the boarders things. We want to be something like this instead

Joshua27545405sino_1-1670891101825.png

Been researching on it for hours and I'm not good with codes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the various embed modes to see which will work best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this code 

Joshua27545405sino_0-1670892868980.png

I can only come up with this

Joshua27545405sino_1-1670892903128.png

Based on the link you shared, I dont see anything that can remove the page number the courser thing and others I don't know the name of, badly need help lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, would also like to know if there is a way creating the view this user aims to make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joel_Geraci , you have been very helpful here. I was wondering if you know anything of the hiddle toggle button that enables screen reader support. When I use a screen reader, Voiceover or NVDA to get to the button to enable it, I can have the PDF read conent aloud. It doesn't work anymore. The deprecated older version worked before. Now this new Embed API, the toggle button freezes up my PDF and I have to refresh my browser. I posted another comment bugt nobody is answering it. Accessbility is very important these days and if Adobe doesn't fix this, this software can't be used. Thank you for any feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was hidden for a reason. Anything you find that's not documented should never be counted on to persist from version to version.

Accessbility is very important these days and if Adobe doesn't fix this, this software can't be used.

The evangelism team is aware. We've provided the engineering team with your (and others) feedback on the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using main.js but viewer.js so why does Adobe email me warning me to switch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no insight as to when those emails get sent or why. If you've already switched, I think you can safely ignore the emails. I certainly am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

May I ask if you can provide me guidance step wise so that I can transition to new modern pdf viewer? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the answer marked as correct above. That's the one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources