• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font problems in Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Acrobat for about 2 years now, mainly for one particular client. It's amazing to be able to edit PDFs but I've been having font problems ever since I started using Acrobat, and this has happened on two different computers (a MacBook and an iMac). Basically, I'm assembling a series of books from other PDFs that already exist. I think this is part of the problem but we only have these PDFs, i.e. we do not have the original native files. As a result, I'm often usuing Acrobat as I would InDesign! As mentioned, we're assembling new books from previous PDFs, merging, combining files and often updating or adding new text within these PDFs.

The problems are that some text will disappear as I'm working on a document or some text will suddenly become garbled (greeked, or computer symbols). We try to thoroughly proof these books that we're cobbling together but that doesn't always catch errors as some font problems suddenly appear when a project is almost finished. It's extremely stressful & frustrating and, so far, no one has been able to give me a clear answer about how to solve this. There have been some other issues as well but the font problem has been the worst. BTW, the font used in these documents is Verdana.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions folks might have. Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?