I am looking for a way to combine 2 (or more) PDFs into one?
1) Are there existing Adobe APIs to do that?
2) If not, are there 3rd party APIs to do that?
3) if none of the above, are there 3rd party scripts/tools that can be called to do that?
Thanks a lot.
Yes, several Adobe APIs with very different licensing models and environments. Do you want
- for your personal PC, with an Acrobat subscription, to run by you when you're logged in
- for a web server
- for an enterprise level solution, running on own server
- a web API
- for redistribution in an app
- something else...
I manage the integration platform of Urban Utilities, and we already use the online Adobe Document Generation APIs to generate PDFs merging metadata and Word templates. We now have a new requirement to merge PDF documents: a cover letter PDF + the invoice PDF that have been created at 2 different moments in the process.
Hence the requirement to be able to automatically merge 2 PDF files via an API process.
If you are already using the Document Generation API, you can use similar code and the same transaction pool to combine documents. See details at the link below.