• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-Line Embed Mode for PDF Embed API no longer allows text to be selected, links to be active

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I noticed this on my own site (as referenced in an earlier post), it appears even in the demo on Adobe's own site.

In-line embed mode for PDF Embed API no longer allows text to be highlighted, copied, or for links to clickable:

https://documentservices.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/index.html#/view/SIZED_CONTAINER/Bodea%20Brochure.p...

Trying to select any text just results in a blue border around the pdf ... not text is able to be selected, and no links work. 

Every other embed mode (Full Window, Sized Container, Lightbox) still allows for text selection and linking, the in-line embed mode used to allow for this, and the older (main.js) version of the script for in-line embed mode still allows for this.

I have tried this on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari on both desktop and mobile. The same behaviour appears in all of them. 

Do I have to reincode all my website pdfs using the old main.js script or will this function be restored?

TOPICS
Bug , PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue. I'd love to use the in-line layout but need people to be able to click the hyperlinks in the document. Anyone able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Would be awesome to be able to use hyperlinks in IN_LINE mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources