• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Next iteration of Document View SDK

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, do you have an estimation about the next releases? What is on your roadmap? With regards to the view-sdk it would be fantastic to see something like customizable react library. Do you consider building something like that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interest in View SDK. We will be having a release within next two weeks which will have APIs for commenting. We are working on a few more features for future releases. Could you share what do you mean by customizable React library?

We got requests for View SDK samples in React and that should be available with the upcoming release. Are you also looking forward to this or do you want some sort of npm module for View SDK? We can't do latter due to Adobe legal, security and copyright protection guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brajesh,

thank you for your quick answer. That is great news! I am really looking forward to the new release. Of course an npm-approach would be very interesting.

One further question is on my mind: Currently, all modes are very impressive. But every mode is missing some important feature. (That is why a react component library would be very interesting.) Being able to combine all available viewer components in the different embed modes would be super nice. That is why I would like to ask the following question:

Do you plan to make document-search a viewer component? 

Are you planning to bring the missing viewer components (Search, Annotations, FullScreen, LeftHandPane) to the inline mode?

Or is it already possible and I am missing something?

Best regards from Berlin! 

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Max. React library might not be feasible for SDK that is only available online.

The discrepancies that you have mentioned for In Line view are actually intended to an extent. I shall let my team know about your requirements to take it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources