Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Embed API - issue with content disappearing

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am integrating the PDF Embed API into our project. What I am seeing is that after I load the viewer, I can see the PDF fine, but every sibling html element after the container is getting stripped out. For example, say I have this:

<div class="some-content">

<div id="my-embed-id" class="adobe-dc-view">

</div>

<p>Some content here</p>

<p>More content here</p> 

</div>

Once I render a AdobeDC.View and pass the in the id "my-embed-id", the pdf shows but the 2 paragraphs after the embed div get removed from the DOM.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

That absolutely should not happen. Can you share a URL where I can see it? If it's private, you can email me at jedimaster@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That absolutely should not happen. Can you share a URL where I can see it? If it's private, you can email me at jedimaster@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. I tested it outside my app and this doesn't happen. I'm going to make sure my html is well formed as that might have something to do with it. I will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found some badly formed html in our template and it's working fine now. Thanks again for getting back to us so fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the siblings getting removed from the HTML DOM or are they just not visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources