• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Viewer/Embed PDF API seems to be very slow in loading the contents of the PDF inside the iframe

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have noticed the PDF Viewer(in AEM)/Embed PDF API seems to load the pdf very slowly and sometimes even after loading we see the images are going grey and loading again. Its taking almost 3 minutes to open some pdf's we have on our site. Can someone please suggest if there is a way to speed up the PDF Viewer?

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue. The PDF files are only 2 or 3mb, but taking a minute or more to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to share some sample URLs for us to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a PDF that's only 303KB.

I keep getting the popup:

File preview error
File preview not available, please reload to try again.

I have to keep pressing the reload button several times for it to download the entire file for viewing.

poconoconcertchorale.org/Program.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification of my post just above (it seems I'm not allowed to edit my own posts!):

I have the same issue with a PDF that's only 303KB.

I keep getting the popup:

>>>>>>>>>>

File preview error
File preview not available, please reload to try again.

>>>>>>>>>>

I have to press the reload button several times for it to download the entire file for viewing:

poconoconcertchorale.org

Yet the PDF file can be seen immediately via its direct URL: poconoconcertchorale.org\Program.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem discussed in this thread is "PDF API seems to load the pdf very slowly and sometimes even after loading we see the images are going grey and loading again. " It doesn't mention any error messages. I think your problem may be unrelated, so is best not added to this thread, as the advice given is likely to be wrong for at least one person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread title states "PDF API seems to load the pdf very slowly" - that's exactly what I'm experiencing.

The error message simply seems to be a response based on the very slow loading time. Each time I press "Reload" it starts at the exact percentage where it left previously off, which indicates that the error message appears only if the page doesn't load immediately. 

So, the error message isn't the issue - the slow loading time is the concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having this issue, it's taking 3-4 minutes on a high-speed network, and times forever on a slow network. Is there any suggestion, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources