• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate pages with PDF Embed API

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a requirement to rotate pages withing the PDF Embed API (Viewer SDK). This is no kind of pdf manipulation and fits perfectly to a viewer. The rotation should raise an event so that developers can decide to manipulate the PDF (f.e. update the page rotation within the pdf) by using Document Services API etc.

Does the PDF Embed API Roadmap plan to implement a feature like this?

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to clarify the feature request. Are you suggesting that Embed API have the ability to rotate a page for view only without actually modifying the PDF but then also trigger an event so that the PDF could be submitted to the PDF Tools API Rotate service to modify the PDF if the developer had an account and then return the PDF back to Embed API for display?

Did I get that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what i meant.

Our customers sometimes just want to rotate a page so that they don't have to turn their head. If this is possible and if this raises an event, it is up to the developer to modify the pdf outside of the Embed API, so that another user who opens the previous PDF does not have to rotate the same page again.

I believe this is a must have feature for the Embed API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joel_Geraci ,

i hope my explanation was clear enough. Is there any update on this? Thank you!

Best

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update. I've brought it up as a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As rotation given by default browser pdf viewer, it should be there in the API also. This is very much required. So Please expedite this requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is there an approximate time frame when this feature may be implemented? Our customers (real estate) urgently need this functionality.

I'm looking forward for your feedback. Thank you!

Best 

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources