• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to use adobe to embed documents on our site

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a small media publishing website.

We have tested the embed function of adobe using this: 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/index.html#/view/FULL_WINDOW/Bodea%20Brochure.pdf

It works great, and we would now like to utilize this in our website. We just want to publish pdfs, and we dont need anyone to be able to sign or fill in a form, just embedding documents using iframe. What product do we use for this, and how to we upload, get started?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you already know the product to use, PDF Embed. I'd start on the website (https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/pdf-embed.html), and click the blue "Get Credentials" button to get your key. Then start with the docs for more information. I can definitely help more, but start there first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Have done that, got credentials, but that is where i get stuck. Is there then a product that i use to upload the doc and create an embed as per the test link function? After getting the credentials there doesnt seem to be any link or instructions about how to upload/get the embed link. 

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so to be clear, you host your own PDFs. They are either on your site, or on another site where you can use their PDFs, but the 'hosting' of PDFs is on you. If you've got an existing web site, you can literally just put them in a subdirectory.

To use the Embed API, you would edit an HTML page and include the code our docs cover. Does that make more sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, that is my mistake then. I thought this was a service where it was combined hosting and API. Does Adobe have a product that is like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really, no. If you don't want your PDFs with your web site (which is what I'd recommend), you can look at other solutions like S3 for example where you can host the files. But again - you'll need to ensure you've got CORS set up right so that your code on your domain can load the PDF. I'd strongly suggest just keeping it on the same server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources