Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom / FIT_WIDTH in Sized Container mode

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're using the embedded control to display PDF documents that are attached to records in our system, such that the viewer is shown on our page in conjunction with other controls and information.

Therefore, we're using Sized Container mode.

As fantastic as the control is, we're seeing an inability to control either the zoom level of the document, or being able to set the defaultViewMode to FIT_WIDTH if the embedMode is SIZED_CONTAINER.

The end result is that we have a skinny document with lots of whitespace on either side, and the document is hard to read.

pdf_view_lottsa_whitespace.png

What we're trying to figure out is if there is a way to have the document zoomed in by default, or at least allow the user to zoom in and out.

I've checked the other embedModes - none of the others is really suitable as our UI involves people looking at the document and working with other controls on the same page.

I've check the API documentation, and I can see the ability to get the current page zoom (getPageZoom) but nothing that let's me set it, or allow the user to set it via controls exposed by the viwer.

How can I get this document to display in a way that makes it readable to my end users?

Thanks,

Brendan

TOPICS
How to , PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Brandan:

The embed mode FULL_WINDOW does allow for the zoom level to be set to FIT_WIDTH and it's what I use when I need this zoom level. Just be sure to set a width and height on the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for using PDF Embed API. The defaultViewMode and zoom level control are not supported in Sized Container embed mode. You may want to look at the other embed mode options.

You can view the available Sized Container customization options here. Since this embed mode renders the PDF documents in slideshow/landscape mode, hence it is best suited for presentations and keynotes.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brandan:

The embed mode FULL_WINDOW does allow for the zoom level to be set to FIT_WIDTH and it's what I use when I need this zoom level. Just be sure to set a width and height on the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joel - that has worked very nicely.

Given that the documentation states "PDF view that fills the entire browser window...", I presumed it would fill the screen - however, as you mentioned, it just fills the container that it's embedded inside of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources